Adding Modules

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Cos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Adding Modules

Post by Cos »

I suspect I know the answer but.....

Can construction robots be 'told' to insert modules into a building?
If not I would suggets this be added at some point.

I am using RSO and have a nice Iron deposit - however 90% of it is on an island about 5 tiles off the coast.
I can reach it with an underground belt and have placed a roboport and a small (for now) mining setup on it.

Because my outposts are so far out I am using independent Solar + Acc for power and so I want:

a) Low power (for obvious reasons)
b) Low polution (the drills on the island are safe but the loading train station certainly isn't!)

Finally - it's a nice problem to have and one I probably wouldn't have enocountered with out the RSO mod. Credit to Dark and all who have picked up the baton to maintain it.

-Cos
Attachments
Wish I had a boat.jpg
Wish I had a boat.jpg (850.57 KiB) Viewed 2574 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Adding Modules

Post by ssilk »

Not yet. I mean it will surely come, but that will take a while.

This has been lately theme of some discussion in the suggestion board, because this has three aspects:
- The one you take (which is perhaps the easiest to implement)
- the one which just wants to copy some settings. I think a good start is this, follow the links and then search further for "modules": https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=4818
- and the one I (and maybe some more): There needs to be a way to tell a number of devices to say "now use a module setting, which safes energy", "now let's time but make it thoroughly", "now I want it fast and hard"... ;)

Oh, and you can switch to good-mode to access your mines directly - if you want to "cheat".
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... rollertype
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... a_commands
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Cos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Adding Modules

Post by Cos »

Thanks for the quick reply ssilk.

I have seen other comments regards option 3 you mention but in terms of power.

Some want to run steam flat out.
Some want to run steam only at sundown.
Some want to run steam only as a backup - when the accus have run dry after a laser fight at night for example.

Personally I like setting up option 3 using exisitng equipment (main grid powered belt loop > burner inserter > steam engine > inserters to fire the backup steam system).
Once it's set I can forget it.

I'm not so sure about giving settings (Efficiency / Productivity / Speed) because it relies on human intervention and removes the automation 'place and forget'.

I will post some thoughts in the suggestions topic as I'm about to go completely OT now. :)

-Cos

Return to “Gameplay Help”