Power Switch used with logistic network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mr.PumpkinHead
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Switch used with logistic network

Post by Mr.PumpkinHead »

How to use the logistic network for controlling a powerswitch?
I'm trying to turn it off after rocketfuel reaches 8K. The rocket fuel are in a storage chest, but it won't detect. even if I connect it by a green/red wire.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Power Switch used with logistic network

Post by astroshak »

Your image is not loading, for me anyway, IDK if its loading for anyone else. So I cannot comment on it.

Power switches have to be set up manually. By this I mean, attack the Copper Wire from a power pole to one side of the Switch, and then attach another Copper Wire to the other side of the switch and another power pole, with the two power poles NOT otherwise connected.

Once that is done, use a logistics wire to read the chests (unless you’re using mods, you don’t have room in one Storage Chest for 8000 items that only stack to 10) and connect to the Power Switch. Set the Switch to turn on when desired.

Alternatively, to set the Switch, you might (I’ve never attempted this) try setting it to connect to the logistic network and read that? Or connect it by wire to a Roboport and have the ‘port output logistics network contents for the Switch to read?

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Mr.PumpkinHead wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:16 am

How to use the logistic network for controlling a powerswitch?
I'm trying to turn it off after rocketfuel reaches 8K. The rocket fuel are in a storage chest, but it won't detect. even if I connect it by a green/red wire.
You used the wrong share link -- the Imgur gallery link doesn't work as a direct embed. I was able to go look, though:

Your problem is simple: Your power switch isn't covered by the logistics network. It needs to be in the same network as the chests for 'Connect to Logistics Network' to work as you intend.

The reason you say it doesn't work even if connected with wire is probably because you still had the logistics network options set and not the circuit ones.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

If you want to control the Power Switch using circuit network: Make your the Power Switch is disconnected from Logistic network.

If you wan to control the Power switch using logistic network: Disconnect red/green circuit network wires from the Power switch.

Using both at the same time will just absolutely confuse you.

Return to “Gameplay Help”