Multiple Fluid Train Load

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jonesrcu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiple Fluid Train Load

Post by jonesrcu »

I've begun construction on my first mega-base and I'm currently running into a problem I can't seem to solve. My base will be a city-block configuration run mostly by trains.

Here is a screenshot of my train loading station for the products of advanced oil processing:
Screenshot 2020-12-02 115756.png
Screenshot 2020-12-02 115756.png (2.74 MiB) Viewed 2144 times
Without the use of an addon, is it possible to configure this loading process to read which train has come into the stop (ex. a Light Oil Train) and to have the pumps turn on based on that train being exclusively for Light Oil stops? I thought about using the feature to read train contents, but that won't work if the train happens to be empty.

I have a little experience with the circuit network and am completely lost when dealing with logic network. Something tells me I will need to use these to accomplish my desired outcome.

Appreciate any guidance! Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Multiple Fluid Train Load

Post by Loewchen »

You can read the train ID in the train stop and hardcode it into the pump conditions, but if you have multiple trains of the same fluid type you will need to build an OR with combinators that controls the pumps.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Also for faster loading/unloading use a tank to pump to wagon configuration. Three pumps from a pipe is much slower than one pump from a tank.

jonesrcu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jonesrcu »

MassiveDynamic wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:19 pm
Also for faster loading/unloading use a tank to pump to wagon configuration. Three pumps from a pipe is much slower than one pump from a tank.
It's a bit difficult with the three different fluid loaders to get a tank close to the pump. Any tips on how I might get the tank closer to the loading pump?

Thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

jonesrcu wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm
MassiveDynamic wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:19 pm
It's a bit difficult with the three different fluid loaders to get a tank close to the pump. Any tips on how I might get the tank closer to the loading pump?

Thanks
You would need to redo the stop a bit for that. Put two outer pumps with tanks on one side of wagons and 3rd one for middle on the other side.
Speed difference will be worth it - it's about 3 seconds to unload tanker wagon with 1 pump I think - assuming tank it unloads to is empty.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

CF596D40-42A2-41CC-B350-502D0940D698.jpeg
CF596D40-42A2-41CC-B350-502D0940D698.jpeg (615.96 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Honestly it looks to me like you could fit the tank loading method just above the tanks. You only need a 2wide x 6tall tile area at each wagon.

jonesrcu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jonesrcu »

Great idea. Thanks for the tip.

jonesrcu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jonesrcu »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 pm
You can read the train ID in the train stop and hardcode it into the pump conditions, but if you have multiple trains of the same fluid type you will need to build an OR with combinators that controls the pumps.
I'm not familiar with the Train ID. Do I set the train iD signal (ex. Signal T) and then apply that same that same identifier to the pump I want with an = to the id number?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

jonesrcu wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:22 pm
I'm not familiar with the Train ID. Do I set the train iD signal (ex. Signal T) and then apply that same that same identifier to the pump I want with an = to the id number?
Yes, if e.g. your light oil train has the ID 477 you would set the light oil pumps to activate for T = 477. It will show a trains ID in the panel under the minimap on hover.

Return to “Gameplay Help”