Uranium Rarity on default settings

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Food4Monkeys
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Uranium Rarity on default settings

Post by Food4Monkeys »

I set up a map, leaving everything at default settings and rarity wise, and I've had a hell of a time tracking down any uranium. There was none near my starting area, and the first two patches I've found are these 2 tiny ones on this map. Is it supposed to be that far away? Pretty sure I played this before a year or so back and it wasn't so hard to track down.
MAP.png
MAP.png (251.28 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Uranium Rarity on default settings

Post by valneq »

Uranium does not spawn in your starting area. You have to go out and find it. So far that would be normal.

In your case, I suspect that there might be more uranium to the north, east, or south of your base – somewhere you have not explored yet.

If not, you might just be unlucky. When resources would be generated where the elevation says there is water, the resource patch will not be created at all. If this happens coincidentally multiple times near your base, uranium might just be far away. That is the nature of random numbers.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

You can get unlucky. Often oil and uranium are literally right outside the starting area. In some cases there are farther away
valneq wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:03 pm
When resources would be generated where the elevation says there is water, the resource patch will not be created at all
You can see such a case in the minimap where a patch is partially covered by water.

Food4Monkeys
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Food4Monkeys »

hmm, thanks. yeah, the oil was right close by. I guess I should try the other directions, but was just surprised that given how far north east and south west I went, I only found those 2 tiny patches in the south west. and of course my tank runs out of fuel down in the middle of nowhere :roll:

Return to “Gameplay Help”