Done broke my train..

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Done broke my train..

Post by adam_bise »

Can't get my train to load any liquids. Regular wagons load, but fluid ones dont..

Train is 20 locos - 120 wagons - 20 locos. Spent a while laying it all out and testing advancing wagons across loaders with multiple stops. This whole process is loaded with problems, but I found that using the inner 4 tiles worked so long your tracks follow nice 90 degree turns.

But now the whole train refuses to load any liquids. Save, reload, doesn't matter. Advance train by 2 tiles at a time, doesn't matter, never loads liquids. Meanwhile wagons right next to fluid wagons can be loaded no problem.

Bug?
brokeasstrain.png
brokeasstrain.png (3.59 MiB) Viewed 1843 times
prs.zip
(67.05 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Done broke my train..

Post by Loewchen »

Connection of pumps to fluid wagons will only reliably work if the whole train is on horizontal or vertical track and the train is stopped at a station it entered in automatic mode.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Gotcha. Sad to hear though, the entire premise of this playthrough was to use extremely long trains.

Good thing there is an endless amount of land because looks like I'm going to wind up having stupid long bases. Which poses an awkward problem for my mining plans lol.

Thanks for the quick reply!

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Also, you only need connect one tank to one pump to one fluid wagon. Using pipes will slow down the filling process. Multiple pumps are unnecessary as one pump will fill a tanker in 2 seconds.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

MassiveDynamic wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 am
Also, you only need connect one tank to one pump to one fluid wagon. Using pipes will slow down the filling process. Multiple pumps are unnecessary as one pump will fill a tanker in 2 seconds.
Normally I wouldn't use more than one. I was illustrating my confusion since I still thought there was an alignment issue. But as Lowchen pointed out, fluid wagons unfortunately won't work when there are curved rails between the pump/fluid wagon and train stop.

fderty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fderty »

MassiveDynamic wrote:
ackshually according to https://wiki.factorio.com/Fluid_wagon 3 pumps is faster (it is also the max amount of pump that can connect to a single fluid wagon)

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

fderty wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:19 am
MassiveDynamic wrote:
ackshually according to https://wiki.factorio.com/Fluid_wagon 3 pumps is faster (it is also the max amount of pump that can connect to a single fluid wagon)
Whilst 3 pumps are faster (assuming train pump tank setups), one pump is normally fast enough. It is pretty rare that you need to unload a fluid wagon in less than 3.4 seconds. (Even then 2 pumps saves most of the time of 3 pumps, so it is pretty rare that you really need 3 pumps).

Return to “Gameplay Help”