Logistics network filtering

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Logistics network filtering

Post by dinodod »

Are there any posts on how logistics network filtering work? I have a requester chest with 13 iron gears in it and a smart inserter 3 blocks away with a logistic filter (Iron Gears < 10). I setup a test belt and the inserter keeps pulling in objects (No item filter in place)

Iron Gears < 10 = Inserter pulls in items
Iron Gears = 10 = Inserter stops
Iron Gears > 10 = Inserter stops

So it looks like if the result is True, then stop??? Also, the = condition looks more like >= to me.

I was then playing around and now the logic is all weird. If I pull out the stack and the filter is set to < 10, the inserter keeps pulling. What gives??

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Logistics network filtering

Post by Klonan »

I think the problem is that items in requester chests aren't counted in the logistics system storage.

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Give it a try with a passive provider chest, or a logistics storage chest instead!

The wiki has lots of info as well: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ic_network

dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dinodod »

Klonan wrote:I think the problem is that items in requester chests aren't counted in the logistics system storage.
It appears so... Need to use Passive chests or Logistics Storage chests instead.
Mmm... This changes things now...

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

It is a good thing that requester chests contents do not count towards the logistics system storage. Semantically, whatever is in these chests has been provisioned for use and is thus no longer available to the rest of the system (also, bots can't take items out of requester chests).

Return to “Gameplay Help”