Centre train map on player

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
roger_ramjet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Centre train map on player

Post by roger_ramjet »

Is there a key combination or mod that centers the map on the player when the train map is open?
I always create a "taxi" train that I call to my location if I want to quickly move to another area of my base.
However, after I select the train, the map is centered on the train and I have to have a fairly good idea where I happen to be in the base in order to send the train to that spot.
If there was/is a key combination or button that would center the map on the player, that would be great!
Thanks

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Centre train map on player

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Do you build Taxi stations at convenient intervals around your base?

Then you can just click on the station and call the train to you.

ribsngibs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ribsngibs »

Sorry, don’t know the answer to your question, but the other option you have is to have an unreachable train station in your taxi’s schedule. When you want the taxi to come to you you can drop a train station with that name at the nearest rail segment and that taxi should immediately come to you. You can blueprint an appropriately named train station so calling the train is super quick.

Don’t forget to pick up the train station before you leave.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

ribsngibs wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:27 pm
Sorry, don’t know the answer to your question, but the other option you have is to have an unreachable train station in your taxi’s schedule. When you want the taxi to come to you you can drop a train station with that name at the nearest rail segment and that taxi should immediately come to you. You can blueprint an appropriately named train station so calling the train is super quick.

Don’t forget to pick up the train station before you leave.
I do this with a "ME" station. Drop the station, call it "ME" and then assign your taxi train to it. Pick up the station and the taxi train will stay where it is. Wherever you are on the map, drop a station, call it "ME" and the taxi train will come to you.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

If there is none then this should be moved to ideas & suggestions.

Alternative: use this mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/QoL-TempStations

Return to “Gameplay Help”