Does riding in a train prevent the AFK auto-kick?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Does riding in a train prevent the AFK auto-kick?

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

^^^
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Does riding in a train prevent the AFK auto-kick?

Post by Squelch »

It would seem so.

I thought this might be a rhetorical question, and the answer was no, it's in the name, ie no input.

I just tested it on my local server, with kick AFK of one minute. Sure enough, I get kicked after a minute of no input - BUT - riding a train does indeed allow one to avoid auto-kick for AFK.

Is this intended?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Does riding in a train prevent the AFK auto-kick?

Post by boskid »

condition for not being kicked by AFK is to keep sending input actions. In theory if you stand still but keep moving mouse over various entities you will not get kicked because you are sending input actions for selecting entities, while if you hold move button (sends input action when starting movement, then sends no more start movement actions until you stop) and you have mouse outside of factorio you will be seen as not sending input actions and kicked, even when moving. Belt ring for afk will work if you hold mouse over belts because then you are constantly sending input actions for selecting entities. I will have to reconsider if the select entity input actions should reset the AFK timer.

Return to “Gameplay Help”