Struggling with a simple combinator setup

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Struggling with a simple combinator setup

Post by adam_bise »

Howdy, I have a set of labs and beacons wired to a power switch. I have an isolated accu and solar panel with a single lab that I use to detect when is a research happening.

The goal is to power the beacons when they're needed and shut them off otherwise.

I did this with a simple SR latch A<90,S A=100,R S>R,S

I wanted to make the whole thing react a little faster, since it takes a while for one solar to fill up the accu and one lab to drain it.

I want a setup that will trigger a "set" on A<90 but only if A was previously 100, and trigger a "reset" on A>10 but only if A was previously 0

I have tried making more complicated latches, with no luck. Any advise on this one?

My last attempt:

Set latch:
A=100,S
A<90,X
S>X,S

Reset latch:
A=0,R
A>10,Y
R>Y,R

trigger:
S>R,S

This basically didn't work, and several similar ones I've tried also didn't work. I think perhaps I am going about the whole idea in a wrong way.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Struggling with a simple combinator setup

Post by MassiveDynamic »

It sounds like you need a couple of isolator sr “primary” circuits that only allow the secondary circuits you’ve already built to work after the primary threshold has been met.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

Using a simple SR latch is the right way to go. What you need to do is to modify the SET and RESET conditions to react to the accumulator charging/discharging, regardless of the actual charge level. Converting a varying signal into a rate of change signal can be done with an arithmetic combinator and some wiring:

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

I am envious of your genius

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Return to “Gameplay Help”