Lazy Bastard achievement question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Lazy Bastard achievement question

Post by webkilla »

I have a few questions for the achievement - hope someone here can answer it. Tried looking around, but there doesn't seem much information on it

Right, only 111 crafting actions. Some crafting actions produce two or more things, still only counts as one crafting action.

Question 1: Does mining count as a crafting action?

question 2: are there any mods or something out there that give you a "crafting counter" so you can keep track of your progress to the limit?

question 3: to win the achievement, you have to launch a rocket, right?

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Lazy Bastard achievement question

Post by MassiveDynamic »

webkilla wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:18 pm
I have a few questions for the achievement - hope someone here can answer it. Tried looking around, but there doesn't seem much information on it
Right, only 111 crafting actions. Some crafting actions produce two or more things, still only counts as one crafting action. - WRONG

Question 1: Does mining count as a crafting action? - NO

question 2: are there any mods or something out there that give you a "crafting counter" so you can keep track of your progress to the limit? - Not sure? But you can go into settings and turn off hand crafting by rebinding the keys.

question 3: to win the achievement, you have to launch a rocket, right? - YES

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BaggyK »

Answer 1. No mining does not count.

Answer 2. No need. Open the achievements window. Scroll down to the Lazy Bastard achievement and there will be a button on the top left of the achievement, which will pin the achievement and that has a count of your crafts on it.

Answer 3. Yes. A lot of the achievements are like this.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

webkilla wrote:

Right, only 111 crafting actions. Some crafting actions produce two or more things, still only counts as one crafting action.
Depends on what you mean. If you mean "I say to craft wires, and the game makes 2 wires" then yes, that's one crafting action. But "I say to make a circuit, the game makes 2 wires, then the game makes 2 wires, then the game makes 1 circuit" that's actually THREE crafting actions.
webkilla wrote:
Question 1: Does mining count as a crafting action?
As said, no.
webkilla wrote:
question 2: are there any mods or something out there that give you a "crafting counter" so you can keep track of your progress to the limit?
Not that I know of - and iirc mods stop at least Steam achievements - but if you look at the achievement in game it tells you how many things you've crafted. You can even pin it so it's always there.
webkilla wrote:
question 3: to win the achievement, you have to launch a rocket, right?
Yes. You don't even need a satellite.

MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBadDragon »

Basically you can craft the following additional items.
1 x Burner Miners
4 x Stone furnaces ( 1 for burner miner, 1 for boiler)
1 x Assembler
1 x lab
10 x Red Science
1 x Off shore pump
1 x Boiler
1 x Steam Engine
2 x power poles (1 craft for 2 poles)

Return to “Gameplay Help”