[1.0.0] Belt gates - Pulses per item changed to 2+2/3?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ncmaothvez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Belt gates - Pulses per item changed to 2+2/3?

Post by ncmaothvez »

Hi evryone!
First post and recently upgraded from 0.16.51 to 1.0.0 and found an issue with some of my circuits. I'd be very suprised if this hasn't been discussed before but my search-fu must be weak. I can't find any posts on this subject.

Anyone know if this is per design or a bug?

I've got this test setup:
BeltGateThrouhgputTest_small.png
BeltGateThrouhgputTest_small.png (181.85 KiB) Viewed 636 times

Definition: By "pulse" I mean that the output from leftmost combinator is 0.
On 0.16.51 this test setup lets through exactly one item every three pulses, i.e. nine pulses for three items.
On 1.0.0 hovever this seems to have changed to 2+2/3 pulses per item, i.e. eight pulses for three items. Specifically, every third item needs just two rather than three pulses to be let through.

/N

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Belt gates - Pulses per item changed to 2+2/3?

Post by Serenity »

Look at the belt speed. It has changed from 13.33 / 26.33 / 40 to 15 / 30 / 45. The items per tile are now always 8

See also:
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-276

ncmaothvez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Belt gates - Pulses per item changed to 2+2/3?

Post by ncmaothvez »

Thanks! Yeah, I suspected it had something to do with that. Just couldn't figure out the math.

Turns out I had completely overlooked the fact that a similiar "issue" with non-integer pulses per item also exists in 0.16.51 where it's 4+1/2 pulses per item on red belts. Never used belt gates on anything but blue belts in 0.16.51! DOH! :oops:

Return to “Gameplay Help”