Aligning Rails to a 40x40 grid vs rotation?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SuicideJunkie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Aligning Rails to a 40x40 grid vs rotation?

Post by SuicideJunkie »

I want to make a 40x40 blueprint aligned to grid in order to combine power lines and railway blocks in one blueprint.
However, I can't get the centerpoint to be in the middle of the blueprint; it is always off by one, so that rotations break the alignment of the rail lines (and power too).

I can of course disable the grid snap, and manually place down the blueprints adjacent to each other so that everything connects, but the global grid alignment won't play nice.

Is there any way to jiggery-poke the system to make this work with rotation?
The blueprint has 4-way symmetry, so ideally rotation should leave the layout identical. It isn't as important for this one specifically, but T intersections and straights will need to be able to be safely rotated since I don't want to have to make a bunch of nearly-duplicate blueprints containing manually rotated versions.

I'm using Krastorio, but the blueprint includes only base-like rails, standard + chain signals and substations.
Blueprint is:
blueprint string

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Aligning Rails to a 40x40 grid vs rotation?

Post by valneq »

I want to say that this is a known issue, and will be fixed in version 1.1 – please see here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=89125

SuicideJunkie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Aligning Rails to a 40x40 grid vs rotation?

Post by SuicideJunkie »

Awesome.
In the meantime I've rejiggered things to use 64x64 with an alternative wider rail gauge, and spacing based on large power poles with gaps in the power coverage that look somewhat intentional.

Return to “Gameplay Help”