Power consuption Calculator?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

Power consuption Calculator?

Post by theDemolisher13 »

is there a tool to input a Blueprint string and get back it's max/min power consumption or do I just need to calculate the whole thing by hand?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power consuption Calculator?

Post by Koub »

Not exactly what you ask for, but this might suit your need : http://kirkmcdonald.github.io/
Also viewtopic.php?f=134&t=62118 can be useful, if no modules are used.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

Koub wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:50 pm
Not exactly what you ask for, but this might suit your need : http://kirkmcdonald.github.io/
Also viewtopic.php?f=134&t=62118 can be useful, if no modules are used.
Thanks for the effort sadly though I have 5 large blueprints one of an oil field, one with electric miners, one of a steel/oil refinery, one of a copper/iron smeltery/ Red & green chip production/ Uranium processing and one of a railroad depot/mall that makes everything. and yes they do all use moduals. As why I want this information is because I'm trying to make a self expanding factory and want to auto mate the process of telling how much power we need for everything by counting the total number of each of the 5 blueprints just mentioned and combining their totals to subtract from our power production totals that we get in a simmilar process.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

if you hover over a blue print, it shows you the item count involved in the construction; so that cuts down on the hard part.

Assuming module usage is standardized across machine types, the math should be pretty manageable by hand. Or by spread sheet. Or may as well just code your own calculator.

theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

starlinvf wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 pm
if you hover over a blue print, it shows you the item count involved in the construction; so that cuts down on the hard part.

Assuming module usage is standardized across machine types, the math should be pretty manageable by hand. Or by spread sheet. Or may as well just code your own calculator.
Welp I spent this morning pulling together a google sheet with the drain and consumption of everything that uses power in the game. So I'll do as you state and plug in the item counts and let the spreadsheet do the math.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

How about plonking your blueprints in sandbox mode, and adding a single infinite power source, and item voiders on every output of your blueprints ?
You should be able to measure the maximum total consumption for each of them.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”