Use blueprint from book without deleting the blueprint

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Use blueprint from book without deleting the blueprint

Post by Tami »

How do i use a blueprint from the book (B-Key) and put it into my inventory without deleting the blueprint from the book? So i can use the blueprint in the next game again.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Use blueprint from book without deleting the blueprint

Post by 5thHorseman »

Personally I just don't put them in my inventory. I always use them from the blueprint library.

However, IIRC there is a "copy" button when editing a blueprint, that will create a duplicate.

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

It's the old behavior of the last couple of years. I think there should be an option in the game setting, that switchs the behavior. It's way to too easy to "delete" blueprints by dropping them into inventory now.

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

Tami wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 am
How do i use a blueprint from the book (B-Key) and put it into my inventory without deleting the blueprint from the book? So i can use the blueprint in the next game again.
Don’t put it in your inventory, put it in your quickbar instead. That way you get a reference to the blueprint while still leaving it in the library (and without cluttering up your inventory).

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

Tami wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 am
right-click the blueprint in the library (from the book(s) found by pressing the B-key), find and click the duplicate/make a copy button, the blue print in hand is now a copy and can be placed in your inventory. Note that this still leaves the library open, which can be closed. (I think you lose the copy in your hand if you Q so be careful)

I typically have a blueprint book from my inventory in the action bar. When I'm holding a fresh copy of a blueprint from the library I just right-click the book in my action bar and place my new blueprint in that book.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

Or make a new Book for stuff you frequently use, hotbar the book, and then use Scroll wheel (or was it shift+scroll?) to cycle through recipes.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

For me the old system was much beter who has make automated blueprint copys to the inventory.

The books should be an archiv who never can delete things from the inventory.
For me a blueprint in the inventory are an item and not a linked book. For me it should treat separately.

If you have more than one from the same blueprint in the inventory and you kill this, it gomes global from everywhere - this is absolut stupid in my eys.

So fast can make a mistake and delet houres from work with one click ^^. Dont undrstand why this is changed from older versions.

Return to “Gameplay Help”