Personal roboform

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Personal roboform

Post by factoriobiker »

I Want to use robots to deconstruct walls or build stuff from small blueprints.

I put a roboport in my power armor
one battery
one solar panel
but how to now use bots to help you?
also i have skeleton inside and it does not seem to make me any faster

https://pasteboard.co/JpqJnem.png

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Personal roboport

Post by jodokus31 »

one solar panel! Maybe more?

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Personal roboform

Post by factoriobiker »

i got it running but i have only one robot, and if i create new robots they will run away to main robot hub, they will not stay with me...
so in youtube i see people having like 20 robots helping them...so why it does not happen to me?ds

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Put the robots into your own inventory. Maybe filter a slot for them there (or two later on). They are separate from the ones in the roboport network

And as said you need a lot more personal solar panels and batteries. The robot recharge rate is in the MW range (you don't need to supply all of it with solar panels, but they drain the batteries when used a lot). They really need fusion reactors for optimal use.

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

yes i put them into my slot.....this is the best part of the game, using robots.....such a relief....

i still dont know how to use robots that are in a hub in base....they dont replace anything...do you need to stock them up?

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

factoriobiker wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:16 am
i still dont know how to use robots that are in a hub in base....they dont replace anything...do you need to stock them up?
Your personal construction bots take items for building from your personal inventory, but the bots in roboports need a supply in provider or storage chests within range.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

factoriobiker wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:15 pm
so in youtube i see people having like 20 robots helping them...so why it does not happen to me?ds
Cos they have 4 portable fusion reactors and you have one solar panel. Armor solar panel are meant for night vision only. Robots use too much energy unless you pick them up manually when they're done.
factoriobiker wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:15 pm
also i have skeleton inside and it does not seem to make me any faster
You should read the tooltips and calculate how many panels you need for that.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Your personal robo port must be charged in order to use. Hover over it to read it's energy level. And yes, you need like 10 solar panels at least.

Your personal robo port works differently from the base robo ports. The ones in the base require logistics chests.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

eradicator wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 am
Cos they have 4 portable fusion reactors and you have one solar panel. Armor solar panel are meant for night vision only. Robots use too much energy unless you pick them up manually when they're done.
Solar panels have been buffed to 30kW. They aren't that bad anymore. Definitely works with an exoskeleton, which needs 200kW
If you put it in lots of solar panels and lots of batteries a single roboport can work with solar. For occasional jobs only since the batteries need a long time to recharge.

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

ok i managed to have 1 exoskeleton and 3 roboports.....it seems to work...
it is amazing what these little critters can do no more manual repair when the bugs have a bad day

Return to “Gameplay Help”