Tank Weopons Control : Driver/ Passanger

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Tank Weopons Control : Driver/ Passanger

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Once in the tank inventory, in the top right

Tank Weopons Control: Driver / Passanger ''

I saw an option in the form. (On YouTube) But there is no such option in my own game. I want the fire control to be automatic. Can anyone help?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Tank Weopons Control : Driver/ Passanger

Post by Rseding91 »

"driver/passenger" is not "automatic". It's specific to the 2nd player in the vehicle if he controls the guns or the driver does.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

thank you. I guess because it's multiplayer ... but I just want to be sure. screenshot: ---->

https://hizliresim.com/N0FrbW

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 am
thank you. I guess because it's multiplayer ... but I just want to be sure. screenshot: ---->

https://hizliresim.com/N0FrbW

Yes, that only has any effect when playing multiplayer. In single player you (the only player) always have control of the vehicle weapons.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:51 pm
Yes, that only has any effect when playing multiplayer. In single player you (the only player) always have control of the vehicle weapons.
Isn't it possible to place an unconnected character into a vehicle and hand over weapons control to that via scripting even in single player? Sure, that wouldn't be a vanilla game, but still… :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Pi-C wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Isn't it possible to place an unconnected character into a vehicle and hand over weapons control to that via scripting even in single player? Sure, that wouldn't be a vanilla game, but still… :-)
The entity would never fire the weapons. There's no AI for that.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Pi-C wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
The entity would never fire the weapons. There's no AI for that.
Never said it would need an AI! I only know is that we place dummy characters in vehicles in Autodrive, if necessary. And if there are enemies around, we hand over gun control to the dummy (is that even necessary?), choose the first enemy in range, and make that the designated target. Sure, we only do that if there's no player inside, but I guess mods could do that even if there is a player -- would that be possible?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That's not how any of this works...

That control is literally only useful for multiplayer: it decides if the driver player is the one the game reacts to when they press the "shoot" key or if the passenger is the one the game reacts to when they press the "shoot" key.

It does literally nothing else.

Return to “Gameplay Help”