Logistic bots bring more stuff that required

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Arrcher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistic bots bring more stuff that required

Post by Arrcher »

Hi, my first post in the forum was removed so I'm making my own thread :
Related to viewtopic.php?p=34401#p34401, Is there a solution to bots bringing more stuff than required ?

If I required 1 coal, they do seem to bring 4 (because of carry bonus), but actually bring only one :
2.png
2.png (229.69 KiB) Viewed 808 times
But this is only for the player, is there a way to make it happen for requester chests aswell ?

I'm trying to build an outpost builder train that is refilled only with missing materials and I was annoyed by bots bringing more stuff that required :
3.png
3.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 808 times
Thank you.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic bots bring more stuff that required

Post by Serenity »

Putting more stuff than needed into the chests isn't really an issue. It's more problematic if they put it into the cargo wagon. To correct that you can have an inserter that removes the excess into an active provider chest. Then they can put it back into the output chests (assume you are using filtered storage or buffer chests instead of passive providers).

Here is a build that should work:
viewtopic.php?p=453377#p453377

This is not exactly the right use for buffer chests by the way. Requester chests are fine here.

Arrcher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Logistic bots bring more stuff that required

Post by Arrcher »

Thanks for your reply,
by the time I've posted this, I also noticed that requester chests were just fine, so I've also changed it in my build.
I've build a quite similar build myself too, maybe a bit more simplified, it also set request on the requester chest to get only the delta, but this doesn't affect the overproduced stuff unfortunately. Putting the excess back into chest is not really necessary as they can just stay in the requester chest for next time, I was just wondering if I could prevent bots from bringing more as they do for player logistic requests.

Thanks

Return to “Gameplay Help”