Machined stop working alone

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
blacksnw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Machined stop working alone

Post by blacksnw »

Hey Guys, how are you?

i'm a new player on Factorio. I'm playing througt Steam and face problems for play.

in game, i get build normally, really i get make all what the game have for make. well, the problem stay in machines, after of put place and add fuel shes working for some seconds so stop working, specifically saying, the red bar loading stop and don't move more.

All functions the game stay normal and the time flow normally too, only machines stay with this problem.

When removing and install again the machine, begins working again but stop some seconds after.

in tutorial mode, the first missions stay normal but after third mission the same problem persist.

help :(

PS: I'm Player brazillian and my english is very basic (
I'm learning alone, in games and books ;-;), so sorry for orthographic wrongs, i trully hate
orthographic wrongs :(
Attachments
1.png
1.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 738 times

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Machined stop working alone

Post by Serenity »

You need to output the material somewhere. At this stage you can put a furnace right next to the burner miner and it will put its ore right into the furnace. Then you just manually add some coal now and then.

Later on you output from electric miners onto belts

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Machined stop working alone

Post by mergele »

Clarification: The output item get's dropped infront of the machine. So the machine starts working and drops (in this case) a iron ore item on the floor in front of it. Then it continues working a bit, filling it's internal storage space for output items. Then it stops working because there is nowhere for it to put it's product.
To get it to work again you need to make space at the output, the classic options are
1) Put a chest there, the chest will act as a BIG buffer.
2) Put belts/machine there that move/consume the produced item.

Return to “Gameplay Help”