best scenario for blue bottle factory?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

best scenario for blue bottle factory?

Post by factoriobiker »

It needs so many sub factories and 3 ingredients, can somebody share?
ANd when will I be able to invent electric mining? so I do not need coal anymore?

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Oil is a hurdle since there is a lot to do. Build refineries to produce petroleum. Build chemical plants to produce plastic. Build red circuits. That's it, but it's a lot of work. And you will need to scale up copper smelting and green circuits to keep up. Just take it step by step. Things are not going to get easier. Later science packs need even more stuff.

Requiring coal for smelters is not an issue at all. At least in the main base. Steel smelters are viable for a long time. Electric furnaces are larger and don't smelt any faster. And they are 3x3, so changing to them just for their own sake is somewhat pointless. Later on it can be a good idea to smelt directly at ore outpost and produce plates there instead of ore. But supplying coal to your initial smelters is no problem.
Where they shine is with their module slots. They are really meant to be used with productivity modules and speed beacons. You can get a blue belt of metal plates with just 13 beaconed furnaces.

On the forum you should also use the proper names for stuff instead of using your own. Naming the science packs and circuits by their colors is normal, but it's "electric furnaces" instead of "electric miners". Miners are what produce ore. Furnaces smelt ore into metal plates

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re:

Post by Qon »

Serenity wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:47 pm
On the forum you should also use the proper names for stuff instead of using your own. Naming the science packs and circuits by their colors is normal, but it's "electric furnaces" instead of "electric miners". Miners are what produce ore. Furnaces smelt ore into metal plates
OP could be asking about electric mining drills... even though they are unlocked from the start :roll:

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Re:

Post by Serenity »

Qon wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 pm
OP could be asking about electric mining drills... even though they are unlocked from the start :roll:
Context wise he is talking about furnaces if I am deciphering this correctly. In one post he said it was a great difficulty for him to provide coal to furnaces. So presumably he considers electric furnaces the solution to that.

Which does make a certain amount of sense. But they come with their own issues, and contrary to appearances they aren't meant to be a direct upgrade to coal fired furnaces.

Moo Rhy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: best scenario for blue bottle factory?

Post by Moo Rhy »

factoriobiker wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:33 pm
It needs so many sub factories and 3 ingredients, can somebody share?
ANd when will I be able to invent electric mining? so I do not need coal anymore?
Yes, chemical (blue) science is definetly the biggest step in the game because of all the new stuff that you need to build with the oil branch and the wast amount of resources you need for the steady production of blue science. It's about 10x the amount for red and green combined.

These are my setups for red, green and blue science. Red and green are very simple, they only need iron and copper plates.

Blue science also needs iron and copper first to make one full red (fast) belt of green (electronic) circuits. Those feed my red (advanced) circuit factory that also takes copper and plastic. This factory gives me one full yellow belt of red curcuits. The curcuits go into my blue science site together with sulfur and iron plates. I produce the engine parts on-site and feed them directly into the science assemblers. You can see I already use electric furnaces here. But in my first version I took steel from my normal coal driven steel furnaces. I replaced this input with the 8 electric furnaces here when I had the technology. Plastic and petroleum gas for the sulfur come from my refinery site where I have the pumpjacks, refineries and chemical plants.

The technology you need is this one: https://wiki.factorio.com/Advanced_mate ... (research)

Blue science obviously is a lot more complex and resource intesive. And you should not forget about the refinery site and the much larger mining and smelting areas.
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_25.png
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_25.png (4.59 MiB) Viewed 1150 times
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_43.png
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_43.png (6.25 MiB) Viewed 1150 times
My blueprints for the setups:
red and green science

green circuits

red circuits

blue science

Return to “Gameplay Help”