Problems with Tight Space Scenario

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Modran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Problems with Tight Space Scenario

Post by Modran »

I placed an inserter behind a tree, but now I want to place a pole in that spot. Problem is, the game won't let me remove the inserter. It thinks I want to remove the tree and denies. Tried it on every pixel.
Attachments
CannotBeMined.jpg
CannotBeMined.jpg (661.11 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Modran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Problems with Tight Space Scenario

Post by Modran »

Also, I can place an inserter in the spot right to this tree, but I can't place a furnace there. I thought this squares are the basic elements of the map, so either I should be allowed to place something there or not. What is happening there?
Attachments
Inserter-Furnace.jpg
Inserter-Furnace.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1353 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Modran wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:00 am
Also, I can place an inserter in the spot right to this tree, but I can't place a furnace there. I thought this squares are the basic elements of the map, so either I should be allowed to place something there or not. What is happening there?
Inserters are 1x1 tile, furnaces are 2x2.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Modran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Modran »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:39 am
Inserters are 1x1 tile, furnaces are 2x2.
Of course, the furnace is 2*2, but the tile that prevents it's placement is exactly the same tile where I can place an inserter effortlessly.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Collision masks aren't always full tiles, and trees aren't always placed in the center of a tile. So it is quite possible that the furnace collides with the tree, but the inserter doesn't.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Zavian wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 am
Collision masks aren't always full tiles, and trees aren't always placed in the center of a tile. So it is quite possible that the furnace collides with the tree, but the inserter doesn't.
+1
you can walk between 2 adjacent furnaces or assembling machine, but not between 2 miners.
Modran wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 am
Problem is, the game won't let me remove the inserter. It thinks I want to remove the tree and denies. Tried it on every pixel.
I am unsure what materials are available on the scenario but have you tried shooting at the annoyingly stuck inserter maybe with shotgun or flamethrower, those have area of effect damage so you don't need to precisely aim to destroy it,and make room for the pole :).

Return to “Gameplay Help”