Nuclear power

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ronequhi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nuclear power

Post by ronequhi »

ok ive got a good power plant based off drake Hawkins of Clan Hawkins power plant in his death world exterme season 3 unforcunotly with the tanks im having power problems. while the reactors are running im fine the turbines are running 300mw but when there not there maxing at 220mw and my base is running low on power now i think i know where a problem is.. the pump from the tanks to the turbines is only running 2300 out of 12K how do i get it to pump more
Last edited by ronequhi on Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuclear power

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Gameplay Help.
If you want to make things easy for people to help you, screenshots, and maybe a game save, would be a good idea.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Some screenshots would help.

That said, I’m not familiar with that (I presume its a youtube series) particular reactor setup. However, one thing to bear in mind is that Tank->Tank flow is awful. If you are pushing the steam into one tank, and then pumping it out to the Turbines, that should be fine. If you have many tanks in a row then the flow of steam is going to be very poor without pumps pushing from one tank to the next.

Now ... if you need more power, you can always expand your power plant, either by extending it (if its a 2xN extendable setup) or by plopping a new one down (if its a 2xN setup that is meant to be one discrete whole). As I said, I’m not familiar with that particular reactor setup, so don’t know what it is.

hale42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hale42 »

basic pipe and underground pipe is only 1200/sec
you can cheat it if you have a pipe with a pump and 2 exits (meaning one left one right) you will get a max of 2400 or close to it.
tank to tank is max or something close to it.

check your setup and look for the choke point of basic pipe and underground pipes

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Make sure you didn't make the pipelines any longer, anywhere. That alone could cause bottlenecks in water or steam flow.

Whether that's the problem is uncertain, but it's one of the most common things that go wrong in high power nuclear plants.

Return to “Gameplay Help”