How to change normal world into death world ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to change normal world into death world ?

Post by gGeorg »

I have seen some youtuber to switch off bitters in the middle of game, to make gamepley easyer.
I would want oposite.
For my current map, which was started as total default in everthing, I would like pump up biters, it is possible?
Thank you!

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to change normal world into death world ?

Post by SyncViews »

I don't think you can change the spawn rate for when exploring the map in an existing game, and even if you could, it wouldn't change already generated areas, especially the smaller starting area which you have already now built up.=

You can boost the evolution to get medium/big/behemoth spawns sooner.

In the chat/console:
"/evolution" will give you can idea of what your current evolution level is, for reference see https://wiki.factorio.com/Enemies#Evolution . roughly at 0.2 medium biters show up, at 0.6 big and 0.9 behemoth.

"/c game.forces["enemy"].evolution_factor=0.5" can set it directly immediately, in this case to 0.5.

Or change the automatic progression by changing these (death world values in example), as well as pollution to get the larger attacks.

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.pollution.ageing=0.5
/c game.map_settings.pollution.enemy_attack_pollution_consumption_modifier=0.5
/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.time_factor=0.00002
/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.destroy_factor=200
/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor=0.0000012
/c 
(see the data/base/prototypes/map-settings.lua text file in your games installation for some other options, they correspond to the new game sliders).

You can also boost how fast they build bases (the "Enemy expansion" settings on a new game), although the death world preset does not do this, see the "enemy_expansion" items for the options there.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

If you are looking for the values to change to/from default to Deathworld they are listed here (easiest at map generation but if you are changing flags mid-game many are listed here):

https://wiki.factorio.com/World_generat ... on_presets
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

Thank you

Return to “Gameplay Help”