Demo progression Q

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
TheKurgen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Demo progression Q

Post by TheKurgen »

I didn’t want to post in general as this is around the Steam Demo gameplay (not the full game).

Am trying out the demo before buying and I seem stuck. Biters and worms have just started attacking, and I can’t to seem to progress past the steam power research point.

I want to move onto improved personal equipment and get some weapons but the tooltip appears to reference a repair of the personal fabricator and for the life of me I cannot seem to find either this item an element to ‘repair’.

Am I missing something here? The research tree won’t let me continue and kind of hard to evaluate the game (even from the demo) when it seems to hit a wall, with no clear guide on what next........

Any direction/advice appreciated.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Demo progression Q

Post by Serenity »

Are you playing some weird translation? There are two assembly machines right in the center of your base. You're introduced to them before steam power though. In fact you need them to produce research. And "repairing" them seems to just mean using them for the first time.

After that it's straightforward:
https://youtu.be/BANzb4A7G20?t=1277

The newer demo is not really that representative of the actual game by the way. It's very railroaded and biter attacks are far more intense

Return to “Gameplay Help”