Rails won't connect with rail that are turning

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Lordoomer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rails won't connect with rail that are turning

Post by Lordoomer »

Rails won't connect with rail that are turning. I've been scanning forums and train tutorial for hours and nothing on this. I can only make rails in a straight line because when I turn them they won't connect I tried every angle possible. I hereby now consider it to be a bug. Rail won't connect like belts or pipes. They just start another rails line that won't connect if the angle is 1 degree off the other rail line. Should be an easy bug to fix seeing you already coded correctly the belts and the pipes...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Rails won't connect with rail that are turning

Post by Rseding91 »

I think you don't understand how rails work. They don't "snap" to each other. You have to build curves that line up for them to connect.

Moving to gameplay help.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Rails won't connect with rail that are turning

Post by 5thHorseman »

There is a button in the top right corner above the mini-map that gives you access to three tutorials. The 3rd one of those is a train tutorial. I would suggest you play through that and see if it explains well enough how rails work.

The only thing I'd add to them is that they automatically put stuff into your inventory, but not into your quickbar. So when it says to place rails first hit E to grab some into your hand.

Return to “Gameplay Help”