Importing blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Importing blueprints

Post by je11693 »

Hi guys,

I haven't unlocked construction robotics yet in 0.18 but I read on another forum that it's possible to get the ability to import blueprint strings if you open an older game where you had researched construction robotics. Do you know if this is true and if it is, is it possible to load one of my old saved games from an older version of Factorio (0.16) into my 0.18 version?

Thanks in advance!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Importing blueprints

Post by mmmPI »

I am not sure i undertand correctly what you are asking for but i would say with 0.18 you don't need any research to import blueprint string. It is done using a button located at the bottom of the screen, in the new quickbar, and it is available right as you start a new game.

Loading a 0.16 map on 0.18 should be possible, the game will migrate the content that has been changed, which would probably mess up the factory and the map-generation, but it should launch.

I don't know if ALL blueprint string from 0.16 are functionning in 0.18 but i expect most of them to do fine. ( unless it contains something like an assembly making pickaxes that were removed in 0.17 for example ).

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

afaik the only buildings that changed in size are the rocket silo and offshore pumps
you may run into some removed items, like the pickaxe mentioned above
you also need rebuild for the changed reciepes, almost of them changed except for the basics like plates, red/green science and buildings.

but i think what you are looking for is the import BP button in the shortcut section of the toolbar.
that would be the 2nd topic for that in a few hours
small sample, but would rpove my points in the other one

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:27 am
I am not sure i undertand correctly what you are asking for but i would say with 0.18 you don't need any research to import blueprint string. It is done using a button located at the bottom of the screen, in the new quickbar, and it is available right as you start a new game.

Loading a 0.16 map on 0.18 should be possible, the game will migrate the content that has been changed, which would probably mess up the factory and the map-generation, but it should launch.

I don't know if ALL blueprint string from 0.16 are functionning in 0.18 but i expect most of them to do fine. ( unless it contains something like an assembly making pickaxes that were removed in 0.17 for example ).
Apparently in order to be able to import a blueprint you have to have combat robotics researched already. I did not and some posts online seemed to suggest if you loaded a previous game that had this tech already researched, you would then be able to import blueprints even without having combat robotics researched. There is also a shortcut option you can use to unlock the ability to import blueprints which I ended up having to use.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

je11693 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 am
mmmPI wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:27 am
Apparently in order to be able to import a blueprint you have to have combat robotics researched already. I did not and some posts online seemed to suggest if you loaded a previous game that had this tech already researched, you would then be able to import blueprints even without having combat robotics researched. There is also a shortcut option you can use to unlock the ability to import blueprints which I ended up having to use.
No you don't need any research to import a blueprint.
No you don't need to have combat robotic researched already.

je11693 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 am
if you loaded a previous game that had this tech already researched, you would then be able to import blueprints even without having combat robotics researched.
What does that even mean ? you load a game with the research done so you don't need the research done ?
importeasy.png
importeasy.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2039 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”