Driving Direction

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Driving Direction

Post by S_gamez »

Not a issue just some questions !

I noticed this when i drive the Car, compared with the Tanks. The car turns towards (S,A(Backward Left)) if i press those, or (W,A(Forward left)) for that. Also the same for (W,D(Forward Right )) or (S,D(Backward Right)). Then the car turns the same way backwards and forwards.
[Example would be that i press (W,A(Forward left)) it turns left, same for (S,A(Backward Left)). It still turns Left.]

But in a Tank. it goes not the same. as if i press (S,A(Backward left)) it turns (S,D(Backward Right)) instead for doing (S,A(Backward Left)) as the Car. Neither forward forward or backward right ? So to me it looks like it's ceeping the forward turn function to do a turn backward. then to the Questions

keyboard example:
W
A,S,D

1st. So is this because of the vehicle as a Tank. Or some different reason ?
2nd. Also is the tank coded on purpose to act like my exsampel ?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Driving Direction

Post by Klonan »

S_gamez wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 pm
Yes to both, the tank has 'tank steering', because it has treads which can move independently

You will notice, the tank can turn while stationery, while the car cannot.

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Driving Direction

Post by S_gamez »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm
Yes to both, the tank has 'tank steering', because it has treads which can move independently

You will notice, the tank can turn while stationery, while the car cannot.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info was thinking that was way. did know that function of the tank tho.
Still the tanks is annoying to drive because of that.

Then i wondering. Can not the tanks switch tread(s) as it can move independently. so then when it drive backward + turn. That it then switches to the other tread(s) for possibility make the car way of turning, to look at it realistic, for a turn mechanic.

Not saying it would be implemented to the game. But still to me the switch can be realistic without my exact expertise ?

Return to “Gameplay Help”