Miner Depots, and the best way to empty them

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
whymeintrouble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Miner Depots, and the best way to empty them

Post by whymeintrouble »

the attached pic is of my latest setup for emptying a miner depot. just looking for some advice or comments on its ability to empty the Depot as quickly as possible.
thank you and hope everyone has a great week :)
Attachments
miner setup.png
miner setup.png (2.21 MiB) Viewed 1808 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Miner Depots, and the best way to empty them

Post by mmmPI »

I didn't know there was miner depot in the game, is that part of a mod or a scenario ?

I notice the 2 upper inserters in the middle are not ouputting on a chest and some chests are emptied by 2 inserters, this makes me think the copper flow is irregular, some chest must empty before others, and with the spaggethi design, it must be quite mesmerizing to look at :).

For advices, i consider it a big wagon, there are some topics on the forum showing design to load or unload as fast as possible a wagon onto blue belts, you may find inspiration for later version if that is your objective.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Mining drones, by Klonan. Is a cool mod:)

I think you are overbuilding. I checked the Max output with all non infinite research done with the maximum # of drones(144): just a bit over 4 blue belts when mining close to the depot, and diminishing the further the drones have to travel.
Theoretically you could go for 4 belts. You can fill half a belt with two inserters, that would be 8 chests, something like this(there are more ways of doing this):

Mining depot unloadV1.gif
Mining depot unloadV1.gif (7.57 MiB) Viewed 1760 times
[EDIT] Typos
Last edited by disentius on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

In real factoriolife, you probably would have enough with two blue belts, and no buffer. something like this:
Mining depot unload - simpleV1.png
Mining depot unload - simpleV1.png (742.54 KiB) Viewed 1754 times

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

I had combined that mod with the other good one of the set, Transportation Drones.

I used Miniloaders to move the goods from the Mining Depot to the Supply Depot. I don’t know if its faster or slower than using three Stack Inserters, but it worked for me.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

miniloaders = 4 stack inserters. And yes, i use miniloaders most of the time when i play modded.

NicodemusNKX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NicodemusNKX »

If one is already using the Transport Drones mod together with Miner Depots, one simply needs to build a Road to connect with the Road tile that the Miner Depot lays down; There is no need to transport the ore from the mining depot to another depot with Inserters/Loaders, etc.

Return to “Gameplay Help”