Is there any particular reason ui scale can be adjusted in multiple of 25?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Laramy65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is there any particular reason ui scale can be adjusted in multiple of 25?

Post by Laramy65 »

25% is such a drastic difference for ui scale. On my laptop I have to choose between 75% : text for ants, or 100% : ui clips into itself, and i cannot click on the power armor while there are any warnings. the menu lets you type in a value, however it gets rounded to 75 or 100. either is a compromise

I suggest the selection be as arbitrary as it can be, but letting you select any whole number would be good enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will absolutely have a prefrence between say 83 and 83.5 percent.

Is there any technical limitation to this? or is this just an oversight

wanne
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Is there any particular reason ui scale can be adjusted in multiple of 25?

Post by wanne »

It was different in older game versions. So I assume there technical limitations.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

This bothers me actually, because when I updated from .16 to .17, my UI scale was closer to 137.5 than 125 or 150. 150 is just a little too big, 125 a little too small. I could see the issue if they did it in multiples of N, because that'd imply they only permit integer scaling, which doesn't require blending/scaling algorithms. But they clearly support non-integer-scaling, so locking it to 25% is annoying.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-277

I'm not sure if you could manually change it to something in between in the config file.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”