[SOLVED] Please fix my railways...

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Peregrin_Tooc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[SOLVED] Please fix my railways...

Post by Peregrin_Tooc »

Hi fellow factory builders,

I'm probably a total idiot, but I simply do not understand, why my railway system does not work automatically. I seem to have made a total mess out of the signals... Can you help me fix that, please? Thanks :)
Attachments
sandbox.zip
(4.07 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Last edited by Peregrin_Tooc on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

microstepper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Please fix my railways...

Post by microstepper »

At three of your stations the trains are only allowed to travel in one direction.

At Eisenerz Fabrik and Öl Fabrik you need to add an additional signal on the opposite side of the track from where the current signals are. Each branch needs two signals directly across from each other in order to allow two-way traffic. The opposite position will have a white box indicating that its the correct position to put a signal to allow two-way traffic.

Same problem over at Schwiizer.

There is also a problem at the single track section to the left of Öl Fabrik/Eisenerz Fabrik. That section is one-way. Move the signal on the top to the left so it only affects the top branch, not the center section.

When debugging these problems walk along your track and over the mouse over the signals along the way. Arrows will appear on the track telling you which travel direction is allowed. And remember to always put signals on both sides if you want the trains to go both ways.

One final thing, both trains needed to be prodded to get them going. I got on board and manually moved them, but I think clicking on the button to tell them to go to the far station probably would have worked too. I think they were at the very end of the track past the stations which was causing the train router to be confused.
Attachments
sandbox2.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 58 times

Peregrin_Tooc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Please fix my railways...

Post by Peregrin_Tooc »

Thank you :-) As expected, I feel really stupid now, but also very enlightened :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”