How to destroy unwanted items?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
LocknRol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to destroy unwanted items?

Post by LocknRol »

Hi new to game and wondering how i destroy unwanted items in sandbox. I'm not using mods (having trouble resetting steam password and linking). How do i destroy items in bag and say if i need to remodel a full belt, or when coal is not longer needed for example

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to destroy unwanted items?

Post by eradicator »

Stuff in your inventory can be handled the same as in freeplay: put it into a chest, and destroy the chest (i.e. with grenades).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

eradicator wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm
Stuff in your inventory can be handled the same as in freeplay: put it into a chest, and destroy the chest (i.e. with grenades).
Or use your gun and 'C' to shot the chest (thats the default keybinding).

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

You always need coal for plastic and grenades. Whenever you still have a use for something use requester chests and output to a piece of belt that has priority.

There are items that have no further use like armor or wooden power poles. Those you can stick in a wooden chest to blow up

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

Serenity wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm
You always need coal for plastic and grenades. Whenever you still have a use for something use requester chests and output to a piece of belt that has priority.

There are items that have no further use like armor or wooden power poles. Those you can stick in a wooden chest to blow up
I find small power poles useful at all stages of the game as they have a very controlled range, particularly around power plants to separate grids.
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

orzelek wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:32 am
eradicator wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm
Or use your gun and 'C' to shot the chest (thats the default keybinding).
He said "sandbox" so he doesn't have a character or guns - hm... at least unless he enters a vehicle.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

I personally put all the obsolete stuff in a chest and ran over with a tank. After finding a few wooden power poles afterwards, I built a small slalom course with them. While missing some of them I obviously hit one of my large power poles instead, of course. ;)

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Ranger_Aurelien wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:53 pm
I find small power poles useful at all stages of the game as they have a very controlled range, particularly around power plants to separate grids.
++

Return to “Gameplay Help”