Can't see pollution?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can't see pollution?

Post by GlassDeviant »

I have tried with alt-mode on and off, there is no pollution displayed on the map. Even as I am getting warnings about aliens being angry about pollution. How do I get it back? Ideally having it on the minimap would be optimal but I'd be satisfied with seeing it anywhere...in the main game screen, map, whatever. Pretty sure none of my mods does this (or at least none are supposed to do this).
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't see pollution?

Post by Honktown »

GlassDeviant wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm
I have tried with alt-mode on and off, there is no pollution displayed on the map. Even as I am getting warnings about aliens being angry about pollution. How do I get it back? Ideally having it on the minimap would be optimal but I'd be satisfied with seeing it anywhere...in the main game screen, map, whatever. Pretty sure none of my mods does this (or at least none are supposed to do this).
Pollution is only displayed if you go into the map, and press the red square on the right that now is visible under the minimap

There's a mod called Visual Smog which adds some pollution overlay to the game, but things can get very smoggy

edit: wait, you joined 2015. Your pollution is GONE?
I have mods! I guess!
Link

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

Thanks! Red button did it.

Yes, I've been playing a while but I don't know 0.17, and it's been many months since I played at all so I've forgotten a lot of things.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Oh thank goodness. I felt like a jerk :(

Edit: They also added a pollution statistics tracker somewhere in .17. I've never gone looking for it.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

That's ok, I felt like an idiot for not being able to figure out something so simple.
- GD

Return to “Gameplay Help”