Alerts not appearing to the right of the Quickbar

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Alerts not appearing to the right of the Quickbar

Post by RickJS »

I just discovered that I am not getting alerts (the flashing icon to the right of the Quickbar) that turrets are firing, items damaged, or items destroyed. I haven't found any setting that controls this. Alerts still show on the map, and I get the audible alert if an item is destroyed.

It happens with no mods, version 0.17.79 stable. It happens on certain saved games, not on others with a very different history. All the saved games had lots of mods, but I have removed the mods for testing.

Where should I look next for the cause?

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Alerts not appearing to the right of the Quickbar

Post by RickJS »

Using the command:
/alerts enable entity_under_attack
produced the message "Alert type entity_under_attack isn't disabled."
and still no alerts by the quickbar.

lob26
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Alerts not appearing at quickbar

Post by lob26 »

I have this problem as well.
As title says, alerts are appearing on the map but not down at the quickbar. This happens with all the types of alerts, turrets engaged, no materials, etc.
I've already tried a bunch of things but none have worked:
Checking through all the setting (might have missed one though) and all seems to be in order.
/alerts command, just says they are not disabled.
Loading save without any mods, again problem persists.
Using an older version of Factorio where I remember there were alerts, but they are still not there (did this with and without mods).

I also loaded another save and the alerts do appear there but not in the broken one, even in the same session so I really have no idea what's going on here.
I am running the latest version 0.18.17 with a bunch of mods but they don't seem to be affecting it.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Return to “Gameplay Help”