Anybody tell me ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
plussantana
Inserter
Inserter

Anybody tell me ?

Post by plussantana »

I need a deep explanation of combiners because the wiki is not enough for me. I want to make a system of control of production peaks and I need a deep explanation of the operation of the circuits

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Anybody tell me ?

Post by DaleStan »

If the wiki is not detailed enough, please ask a question that includes what you are doing, what you expect, and what you observe.

For example: "I configured an arithmetic combinator as 'input each / 2, output iron ore'. The inputs are 50 iron ore and 5 on signal Q. ** I expected to get an output of 25 iron ore, but it's actually outputting 27 iron ore. Why?"
For bonus points, insert "Because the wiki says '...'" at the **.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

...and change the title of your post, so people know what this topic is about.

plussantana
Inserter
Inserter

Post by plussantana »

For example, I need to redo the circuit network throughout the base. I need supply warehouses (logistics) but I need optimization of my entire system

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

None of those words require combinators; the vast majority of my circuit networks have no combinators at all, and optimization is typically more concerned with removing combinators than adding them.

Set something up that you think will work. If it doesn't, find a combinator that has an unexpected output.
How is is that combinator configured, what are its inputs, what is the expected output, and what is the actual output?

Alternatively, describe the problem you are trying to solve. What isn't properly optimized, and what is the current behavior, and what would the behavior be if it were optimized? (e.g. "My train stations aren't optimized. Sometimes the wagons don't fill up all at the same time, even though they all arrive empty. How can I make them all fill up at the same speed?")

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

plussantana wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:21 am
For example, I need to redo the circuit network throughout the base.
Why does it need to be redone?
What does it currently do?
What are you trying to make it do but can't?
If the wiki wasn't enough, how did you know enough to set up your circuit network to begin with?
I need supply warehouses (logistics) but I need optimization of my entire system
optimizations of what kind?
What is your system not doing that it should?
Why the entire system and not just a part of the system?

Etc etc

We are not mind readers ;o

I'm looking for a movie, y'know that one where the guy does the things and the stuff happens. And there's a moment in the movie where the thing is the stuff but it's actually the other stuff.
You know the one i'm talking about.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

PyroFire wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:12 am
optimizations of what kind?
Probably nothing that's actually needed. If the circuit network were actually large enough to affect performance in a noticeable way he'd understand what he is doing and wouldn't need help

Return to “Gameplay Help”