Game Alerts for player (owner) possible?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

Game Alerts for player (owner) possible?

Post by Taurondir »

I can't seem to find a way - or a created Mod - that allows Alerts (for example via the programmable speaker) to only show in the GUI for the player that owns the item creating the Alert.

Is this possible at all? Could a Mod do it, or would even a Mod have to call up or create a totally different panel in the GUI to display the Alerts separate from the bottom area where they appear now?

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Game Alerts for player (owner) possible?

Post by Honktown »

Taurondir wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 am
I can't seem to find a way - or a created Mod - that allows Alerts (for example via the programmable speaker) to only show in the GUI for the player that owns the item creating the Alert.

Is this possible at all? Could a Mod do it, or would even a Mod have to call up or create a totally different panel in the GUI to display the Alerts separate from the bottom area where they appear now?
I suggest looking at the Big-Monsters mod. It has an option for notifying all players of the enemy events it adds. I don't know what the option does (I've only played it alone), but it might be worth checking out. The mod's also MIT license so the code is re-usable if you bring the copyright with the code.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Game Alerts for player (owner) possible?

Post by Taurondir »

Ok thanks you I'll dig around in that.

Return to “Gameplay Help”