Train - No path

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train - No path

Post by Pongard »

Sorry I know this gets asked a lot, but I don't understand why the upper train says "No path".

The upper train should go to upper right to lower right circle on the very right.
The lower train is doing his upper left to lower left to lower right circle without complaining.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train - No path

Post by Loewchen »

The signal in the top right makes the loop only drivable clockwise, to access the station the train needs to drive anticlockwise. Put the signal on the other side.

Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pongard »

In theory, e.g. if I drive manually, it's also totally fine clockwise. Why must the train go counter-clockwise?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

In factorio stations and signals always go on the right hand side of the track, so the signal in the top right tells the train that that part of the loop is to be driven clockwise, and the station needs to be approached counter clockwise. When you drive manually the train just follows your instructions and ignores the signals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ts_23_and/
https://imgur.com/a/PVL6I/all
Last edited by Zavian on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Pongard wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:10 pm
In theory, e.g. if I drive manually, it's also totally fine clockwise. Why must the train go counter-clockwise?
Manually you can drive backwards as well, but just like driving the loop clockwise, it does not get the train into the station so why would it matter?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Aren't there (chain) signals missing before and after the switches?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

you need to flip both signals

all signals need to be on the right side of the track
if there are signals only on one side it is like a one-way road, they train is not allowed to enter from the other side
stations can only be approached from one side, the station needs to be on the right.
Attachments
2Z7a5TF.jpg
2Z7a5TF.jpg (988.82 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Pi-C wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:58 pm
Aren't there (chain) signals missing before and after the switches?
The signals after each stop should be a chain signal. But that's only necessary when there are more than one train for a station. Or when you want a more efficient rail system. Placing them nearer to the junction is an optimization too.

Return to “Gameplay Help”