conveyor belts not combining correctly inconsistent

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wrathyy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

conveyor belts not combining correctly inconsistent

Post by wrathyy »

Hello, I've just started playing factorio and after some time in game I have encountered this thing I'm not sure if it's a bug or not any ideas?
The second pic shows the problem of 2 rows of coal being made instead of 1 even the source is correct. blueprint from "Nilaus" working correctly for him in same version
Attachments
setup.JPG
setup.JPG (63.28 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
problem.JPG
problem.JPG (75.98 KiB) Viewed 1754 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: conveyor belts not combining correctly inconsistent

Post by Loewchen »

You are not showing anything that suggests a problem with the game, a miner in range of a coal tile in your iron mine could easily cause this. If you want to know for sure, post the save.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

The build works just fine. Why do people always assume they are the ones having some bug with standard situations?

This could have happened when building the thing depending on how exactly you put it together. The splitter is side loading on the belts. There is absolutely no way for it to put anything on the far lane

Pandrosos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pandrosos »

Serenity wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm
This could have happened when building the thing depending on how exactly you put it together.
Agreed. If you place the belts, then one splitter, then the other, then during the interval with only one splitter present it will load both sides of the output belts. And if that's not it, there's many other ways a belt can get contaminated.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Pandrosos wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:26 am
Serenity wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm
This could have happened when building the thing depending on how exactly you put it together.
Agreed. If you place the belts, then one splitter, then the other, then during the interval with only one splitter present it will load both sides of the output belts. And if that's not it, there's many other ways a belt can get contaminated.
I strongly suspect this is the case, unless the coal has being continued to be sent to both sides (which is most likely due to some further kind of layout goof). I'd recommend the OP just manually pick up the excess coal via (F) and feed it into their furnaces, and then see what happens.

Return to “Gameplay Help”