Created a scenario with some oil resources

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Created a scenario with some oil resources

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

I was using the editor to create a scenario. I laid down a bunch of oil resources but when I went to play the scenario no oil was being pumped. The jacks were moving up and down, but they did not extract any oil at all. For the longest time I thought they just weren't getting electricity and they weren't, but even when they do get electricty apparantly the oil puddle is just a puddle on the surface. Not mineable. Is there a trick to this? I think I'm playing version 16

PumpkinVision
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Created a scenario with some oil resources

Post by PumpkinVision »

I know that this is long past your post, but I saw no other replies, so here is what I found:

The map editor nicely shows how the amount of resources increases as you hold the left mouse button when you place a resource (either with spray or with brush).
Oil behaves the same way, but there is no visual indication. So you have to hold the left mouse button to add oil, but then you have to switch to cursor mode to confirm how much oil was added.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Created a scenario with some oil resources

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Better late than never. Glad you responded. I'll give that a try.

Return to “Gameplay Help”