Why is my decider not working?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Why is my decider not working?

Post by Spaghettificator »

Hello fellow engineers.
I'm trying to make a smart station for a really far away outpost to deliver building supplies.
I'm not a complete noob with logic in this game relating to simple systems, but i can't figure out why is this particular situation not working.
So i'm trying to make a decider in the example show in the image here output a signal of type 1 unit if the sum of both chests are 3.
I have 2 pipes in the first chest and 1 spliter on the other chest. Both are connected with a red wire, and one is connected with also a red wire in the decider.
The decider thus is receiving a 2 pipe signal and a 1 spliter signal, resulting in 3 signals.
Here is the problem, i made the condition if "everything" equals 3, emit a 0 signal, but its not working, the decider is not emitting the signal. And i can't figure out why.
Can't i have a sum of multiple chests to work with one decider?
Attachments
sadasd.png
sadasd.png (858.33 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Sem Título.png
Sem Título.png (299.89 KiB) Viewed 1317 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Why is my decider not working?

Post by Loewchen »

Everything is true when all existing signals individually meet the condition. In your case none of the signals meet the condition so it is not true.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You need an arithmetic combinator to convert between different signals.

Each + 0 -> Signal A

This adds up all signals (pipe and splitter) and stores them in signal A. Then you can use signal A in the decider combinator.

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Spaghettificator »

Ahh, ok. I did not realized what it said on the asterisk description. Just assumed Everything means all signals and their values.
Thank you for the explanation.

Return to “Gameplay Help”