start problem

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
rayman520
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

start problem

Post by rayman520 »

hello

i hope you can help me

when i launch the game (demo) my computer marks it is running
the icon on the bottom of screen appear

but i can't play, the game is impossible to be in the screen

my computer is a windows 7

ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm french

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: start problem

Post by Arakasi »

My version (currently alpha 0.3.1) starts, but during start process the windows open+close for maybe 10 times during a few seconds and then stays opened with logo and progress bar. When I am in windows mode, then its just opening and closing window. But fullscreen mode causes blinking whole screen with black + white colors which is very uncomfortable.
I am running on Win 7 64bit. Probably installed from executable file, dont remember.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

rayman520 wrote: when i launch the game (demo) my computer marks it is running

Open the task manager (ctr + alt + del). Lookup Factorio in the list, right click it and choose maximize.
Arakasi wrote:My version (currently alpha 0.3.1) starts, but during start process the windows open+close for maybe 10 times during a few seconds and then stays opened with logo and progress bar. When I am in windows mode, then its just opening and closing window. But fullscreen mode causes blinking whole screen with black + white colors which is very uncomfortable.
I am running on Win 7 64bit. Probably installed from executable file, don't remember.
Hm, I have no idea what is going on there, I never seen it on any of our computers, is it working properly after it loaded up?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Arakasi wrote:fullscreen mode causes blinking whole screen with black + white colors which is very uncomfortable.
Factorio has always done this for me, I just close my eyes until it stops blinking :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Arakasi wrote:My version (currently alpha 0.3.1) starts, but during start process the windows open+close for maybe 10 times during a few seconds and then stays opened with logo and progress bar. When I am in windows mode, then its just opening and closing window. But fullscreen mode causes blinking whole screen with black + white colors which is very uncomfortable.
I am running on Win 7 64bit. Probably installed from executable file, dont remember.
I am on the OSX and I have the same. I believe this is connected to some bug in our graphical library we are using (Allegro). There is a new update in the library which promises to address this issue. We will try it for the 0.5.0 release. I have hopes for this to solve the problem with blinking.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

Issue is only disturbing for me, but the game works perfectly.
So I will wait for next releases.

rayman520
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rayman520 »

kovarex wrote:
rayman520 wrote: when i launch the game (demo) my computer marks it is running

Open the task manager (ctr + alt + del). Lookup Factorio in the list, right click it and choose maximize.
I am running on Win 7 64bit. Probably installed from executable file, don't remember.
Hm, I have no idea what is going on there, I never seen it on any of our computers, is it working properly after it loaded up?
for me , i don't have "maximise" in the task manager

i try , yesterday, to modify options in the folder
i put the game in fullscreen
when i do that i have the same problem than arakasi

rayman520
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rayman520 »

edit: sorry i found it
i just shearch "maximise" in process
thx a lot