Relocating Robots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Relocating Robots

Post by British_Petroleum »

Hi guys first post here.

Is there some way of requesting a certain number of robots in each roboport? For example i have built a long link of robots ports to a place far away and i want to send 200 construction bots there so they are there ready to construct things there quickly when needed.

I was thinking i would be able to do this if i could use inserters to take robots out of roboports and put them in a provider chest, but inserters don't seem to be able to do this.

Any other clever suggestions or something simple that i am missing?

many thanks.

ps really enjoying the game =D

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Relocating Robots

Post by Nova »

Yeah, that would be nice. Would be even better if the roboports could "sense" the estimated work of a roboport and adjust the amount of robots. it's always annoying if the robots for a new task need to fly from the other side of the map.

One thing more for the update of the smart logistic network. kovarex, cube, slpwnd, there's so much work, at least if you want to do all this... ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

In other words, no.
The only way to ensure a certain roboport has an exact amount of robots is to make it isolated from any other roboports.
There currently isn't sufficient information going to or coming from roboport to be able to do more advanced robot management yet.
The devs have stated an intention to expand these abilities in the future however.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JackGruff »

A trick I use to relocate construction bots is to place something numerous and cheap close to a port, like wooden chests, set personal logistics to request that and then mark them for deconstruction. The bots will dock with the port right there after they're done, ready for you to grab them.

As for logistic bots, you could place your wooden chests in a provider chest.

In the end of the day, just take advantage of the fact that they will dock with the closest port when they have nothing else to do.

Return to “Gameplay Help”