Combinator pls help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Combinator pls help

Post by Darklaser »

Hello there. i have just discoverd on google new nice and clever setup for the labs and i have made it, but there is a problem that i don't know the wiring how it could work and without it it doesn't work. when the inserter is putting into the wagon science it backups like 600 green and none of red and even it can't put no more green still tryes to put in more with it just makes a queue and the labs don't get all the science.. sorry for bad english. here's the pic and link for better explanation https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... n?sort=old
Last edited by Darklaser on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Combinator pls help

Post by Darklaser »

forgot the pic :P
Attachments
ssss.png
ssss.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 2749 times

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Middle click each cargo wagon slot and give it a filter.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 am
Middle click each cargo wagon slot and give it a filter.
This.

That design doesn't need circuits.

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darklaser »

i've already made middle click but still is putting the same science as is already full in the wagon
Attachments
Screenshot_23.png
Screenshot_23.png (103.61 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
Screenshot_22.png
Screenshot_22.png (40.98 KiB) Viewed 2685 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Darklaser wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:15 am
i've already made middle click but still is putting the same science as is already full in the wagon
You can not use stack insertion if an inserter can reach more than one item type.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Loewchen wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 am
Darklaser wrote:
You can not use stack insertion if an inserter can reach more than one item type.
Just to clarify this point, if you look closely at Screenshot_23.png, you'll see that the inserter has a green flask in its hand. But the wagon is already full of green flasks. You either dedicate each belt to a single color, or you set the stack size to 1.

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darklaser »

i could have set it to 1 item per stack but then it won't be enough fast for the labs. they'r gonna comsume faster than they can put in

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darklaser »

wobbycarly wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:18 am
Loewchen wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 am
Darklaser wrote:
Just to clarify this point, if you look closely at Screenshot_23.png, you'll see that the inserter has a green flask in its hand. But the wagon is already full of green flasks. You either dedicate each belt to a single color, or you set the stack size to 1.
how to i do 7 rows of science for 6 lanes long wagon?

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

The problem is that the stack inserter grabs up to 12 items, but when it can't put in all of it the rest stays in its hand and it can't put it back.

You may be able to get around this by limiting the stack size to a multiple of the available slots. 10 for example. But that assumes that it can always pick up 10 flasks. If the belt isn't fully backed it will fail again. Which is clearly the case here with all those splits

Return to “Gameplay Help”