Train Stop not placing

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Maddriver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Stop not placing

Post by Maddriver »

My first time attempting a train. Can someone help me understand why I can't place a train stop on this loop?

I've removed and replaced the rails several times, I can place signals all around but not a stop. There's a clear path to another stop at the other end of the track, or any other stop I place. The green squares are the only places I can put a stop.
Factorio 0.17.66 17_08_2019 14_44_46.png
Factorio 0.17.66 17_08_2019 14_44_46.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 1004 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train Stop not placing

Post by mmmPI »

It doesn't say in the wiki, but the train stop can only be place alongside straight rails in orthogonal direction.

The train station is not exactly like a signal, it follow the same grid as belts or inserter and so you need to place them in spots where they align with both the rails and the grid.

You can try to place belts to detect the hitbox, the station is too big to fit on a curve it need at least 2 tiles straights. One vertical or horizontal straight track being a 2x2 in this case.

Maddriver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Maddriver »

Ahh okay, that makes sense. I thought it was just curves that blocked the stop.

Thank you!

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Maddriver wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 pm
Ahh okay, that makes sense. I thought it was just curves that blocked the stop.
Before you hit the pain, they don't actually block stopping, but wagons will not be usable on a curve. You can't load or unload fluid or solids from wagons on a curve. So ... just put your entire freight stop on a straight chunk of track. (Yes, this is a bit awkward in terms of layout. I assume that is kind of the point of the restriction.)

Return to “Gameplay Help”