How to collect Solid fuel or Coal quickly from furnaces or any machines that uses them ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

How to collect Solid fuel or Coal quickly from furnaces or any machines that uses them ?

Post by SharpDShot »

Hello guys.. :)

Like the title says i need help to collect Coal or Solid fuel or any kind of fules i put in my machines.

For example i have about 20 Furnaces that i put in them 50Coal each, now i want to remove all the coal and put any other kind of fuels in those furnaces.. how do i collect them ?

The only way i know is to collect them 1 by 1 ! and god.... this gonna takes a lot and i need every sec to help me build my factory fast.

SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to collect Solid fuel or Coal quickly from furnaces or any machines that uses them ?

Post by SharpDShot »

LOL 40 views !!! Someone reply please any suggestion ?? :cry:

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to collect Solid fuel or Coal quickly from furnaces or any machines that uses them ?

Post by Nova »

As far as I know there is no faster way to do that, but the thing is... why should you do that often? Factorio is a game about automation. Just let it burn. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

Either it's a temporary construction in which case why bother replacing the fuel just let it run with whatever it currently has, or it's automatically refueld, in which case why bother replacing the fuel just let it run with whatever it currently has and in time it will be replaced automatically.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

fastest way: deconstruct furnaces and place them again.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

disentius wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 pm
Yep, was going to say this as well.

SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharpDShot »

Nova wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm
As far as I know there is no faster way to do that, but the thing is... why should you do that often? Factorio is a game about automation. Just let it burn. :)
The problem is i'm the automation that puts everything when they need something.. :D my factory is a bit crowded in the moment i have a Bitters problem and i don't have space for such things.

And i can't make room in my belts for Coal or any kind of fuels so that any machine could resupply itself if they run out of fuel. :D :lol:

SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharpDShot »

mergele wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:27 pm
Either it's a temporary construction in which case why bother replacing the fuel just let it run with whatever it currently has, or it's automatically refueld, in which case why bother replacing the fuel just let it run with whatever it currently has and in time it will be replaced automatically.
Everyones in a while i go back to my furnaces and resupply them with the fuel they need but there is some have coal and some have soild fuel.. and of course soild fuel takes a lot to be fully consumed and the coal is not. i just wanted to remove all the coal and put soild fuel and i can't find a faster way. But i think the faster way is to pick up the furnaces and replace them again and put the fuel i want again. (As our friend disentius replyed. thanks a lot disentius.)

I just wanted all to be equally resupplied because if they runs out of fuel and some are not things will go sideways.. all have to be equally supplied with the same fuel and the same type. ;D

SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharpDShot »

disentius wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 pm
I wished to find a faster way like when you hold something in your hand and press Ctrl+LeftClick and hold them and just hovers your mouse cursor over the furnaces to supply them or gather things from them.. this would be great. But to collect just fuels, besides the others things. :lol:

I wish the dev's should consider of this idea and put it in the game.

But thanks a lot mate.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

Ah, if you are having a biter problem and are stuck in this situation you might not have the time to redo things for automatic refuelment, I must admit I had not considered that possibility.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

SharpDShot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 pm
Nova wrote:
The problem is i'm the automation that puts everything when they need something.. :D my factory is a bit crowded in the moment i have a Bitters problem and i don't have space for such things.

And i can't make room in my belts for Coal or any kind of fuels so that any machine could resupply itself if they run out of fuel. :D :lol:
Get the hell outa there. Learn from your design flaws and give yourself a fresh start.
If you have to remove coal from a furnace manually, you really screwed things up.
Happens. If you don't see an easy way out, start a new map and make sure that you make different mistakes the next time.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Bauer wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm
SharpDShot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 pm
Nova wrote:

Get the hell outa there. Learn from your design flaws and give yourself a fresh start.
If you have to remove coal from a furnace manually, you really screwed things up.
Happens. If you don't see an easy way out, start a new map and make sure that you make different mistakes the next time.
I agree with this: I'd start another map at that point, if I couldn't push back the biters and get enough space to automate the fuel supply.
Next time you know to plan for automatic fuel supply, so you can hit an exciting new roadblock. :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”