Can't get sulfur production to work.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mayaknife
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't get sulfur production to work.

Post by mayaknife »

I have a chemical plant which has petroleum gas coming in from a refinery and water coming in from a nearby lake and it's connected to electric power, but I'm not getting any sulfur out. When I look inside the plant both the petroleum gas and water icons are greyed out, which usually means that those inputs are missing, but when I look at the pipes leading into the plants two inputs they show purple and blue, meaning that they are connected to petroleum gas and water, respectively.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I have chemical plants making solid fuel from the refinery's light and heavy oil outputs, so it's not a matter of the refinery being blocked. If I redirect the petroleum gas to a plastic plant, it works.

Is there a limit on how long pipelines can be?

I'm using an offshore pump to get the water for the sulfur plant. Is there some other way that I'm supposed to do it?

Thanks.

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can't get sulfur production to work.

Post by Night_Ange1 »

Need some screenshots to see, and give recommendations

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Mouse over the plant to see which pipe should go into which input. Or press the Alt key.

mayaknife
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mayaknife »

To make the screenshot easier to understand I turned on the resource overlay, at which point it became obvious what my problem was: I had water going into the gas input and vice-versa. I knew that the outputs were specific but I had thought that the inputs were interchangeable. Apparently not.

Thanks for the help, indirect though it was. :-)

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Canyew »

yeah, it's the only annoying thing about chem plants, they have SET inputs for water/petrol. so it makes your life a bit harder when setting them up

Return to “Gameplay Help”