Set researched technologies for a scenario via Map Editor

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
NuclearFuel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Set researched technologies for a scenario via Map Editor

Post by NuclearFuel »

Hello all,

I'm making a small edited map to play on myself, with some small pre-made mechanisms involving Assembly Machines. It appears that the recipes set within them are bound by the beginning technologies. Is there any way to set available technologies within the Map Editor (or via editing the scenario file)?

To be clear:
-I want to set recipes for advanced items in Assembling Machines in the Map Editor
-I need some technologies to set those recipes
-I do not have technologies to set those recipes and I can't research them via Map Editor
-I can still start the scenario and research the technologies via console commands but then I'll have to set the recipes manually
>I need a way to set researched technologies in a scenario, preferably it should enable all of them at once

If anyone knows how, please reply :D

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Set researched technologies for a scenario via Map Editor

Post by Klonan »

Are you playing 0.17?

In the map editor you can 'shift + click' the 'Start research' button to research the technology

(In 0.16, it is not possible)`

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Are you on 0.16? The 0.17 map editor allows you to set recipes in assembling machines even if you haven't researched them yet, allows you to instantly research technologies and to use the console, so none of what you describe should be a problem.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

NuclearFuel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NuclearFuel »

Thank you both for your replies, but unfortunately the map is made in 0.16. Maybe once 0.17 goes stable I will remake the map in the new editor, since I assume that any major changes that come out during 0.17 experimental might break it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”