Problem with trains

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Carugo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Problem with trains

Post by Carugo »

Hello everybody, and first, i'm sorry for my bad english... ^^'

I have a problem with my trains... Could you say me why the train in the picture can't go to the next station ?

In the picture, the train is currently in the "Arrivée base" station. And i would like it to go to the "Vesaria" station (in the red circle).

I can go there manually, but in automatic mode it tells me that there is no path...

The train comes from the station "Mine charbon" which can be seen north on the map, above the roundabout.

Where is the problem ? :-(

Thanks a lot for your help !

Carugo
Attachments
train factorio.jpg
train factorio.jpg (228.41 KiB) Viewed 933 times

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Problem with trains

Post by Pi-C »

Looks to me like the rails on that track are just ghosts, so you'd have to place real rails there.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

It might also be the signalling, as you hae a single rail track. The pic is a Little bit too small to tell anything in Detail, if you could post a larger version?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Quax wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:37 pm
It might also be the signalling, as you hae a single rail track.
That's another thing! @Carugo: You're using a bidirectional train (one with locomotives facing in opposite directions), so you probably want to use the track in both directions. In that case, you have to put signals on both sides of the rail, and the signals have to be in parallels so the track is divided into the same blocks no matter in which direction you're driving.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Carugo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Carugo »

Thank you every body for your answers !
Pi-C wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm
That's another thing! @Carugo: You're using a bidirectional train (one with locomotives facing in opposite directions), so you probably want to use the track in both directions. In that case, you have to put signals on both sides of the rail, and the signals have to be in parallels so the track is divided into the same blocks no matter in which direction you're driving.
It was a problem ! I had signals on both sides, but it were not in parallels !

Thanks a lot for your help ! :-)

Return to “Gameplay Help”