Train Stations with the same Name

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SmashComander
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Stations with the same Name

Post by SmashComander »

I have some problems with some stations with ths same name, I got 3 stations with the same name to miner ore. If I send multiple trains to them they only got to the 2 closest to the main station and no train is going to the far one. Even it I send 5 or more trains they get stuck on the way to get to the first or second on..
Is it a bug or how can i get it fixed without renaming the stations to other names?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train Stations with the same Name

Post by Loewchen »

What you say to your trains when you give multiple stations the same name is: "I don't care which station you go to, just pick the one that is fastest to reach".

SmashComander
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SmashComander »

Yes but with nearer stations it works just fine if one is already in use the train goes to the other one with the same name? I thought it is the way it should work? Is my thought wron?

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BaggyK »

SmashComander wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 pm
Yes but with nearer stations it works just fine if one is already in use the train goes to the other one with the same name? I thought it is the way it should work? Is my thought wron?
Your thought was wrong. Trains will always go to the station with the shortest path, which can depend on the state of the rail network when the decision of which station the train is to go to.

To get trains to use the other stations you will need to either disable the near stations when they have a train, or increase the apparent length of the path to the nearer stations.

SmashComander
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SmashComander »

Okay thank you for your fast replys, but i hope that it will be reworked :)

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

You can also put in a station just prior to your final destination, and send the trains there with no conditions. They'll recalculate the path at that station and go to an open station.

Return to “Gameplay Help”