Logic gate / electricity

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jon890
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logic gate / electricity

Post by jon890 »

Hi,

I have a question with the logic gates : I would like to ged ride of the charcoal energy but keep it if there is a problem with nuclear or the solar panel. I would like to know if it's possible to connnect a logic gate to the electricity and if there is a power blackout to reactive the charcoal machine ( what I mean by that it's making the robotic arms put charcoal back in the machine).

I hope my question is clear enough since english is not my mother tongue.

Thank you for your answers.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Logic gate / electricity

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

Hi!

The wiki has a tutorial for that specific question: "Backup steam power"

https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Circ ... k_cookbook
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Personally I use a different solution to the wiki version.

I simply wire an accumulator to the offshore water pump feeding the boilers, and set the water pump to enable "A" < 10. I also tend to add a speaker that is set to alarm if "A" < 5. That way I know to expand my power setup.

FredHp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FredHp »

You can read the energy level of an acumulatorYou can read the charge level of an acumulator. This signal can be used to enable or disable the powerplant.

To disable the powerplant you can either cut the water source, the fuel source or control a power switch. I prefer the power switch method because it is instantaneous and allow steam tanks to be filled.

A tip about nuclear reactors, if you never build one before: Unlike fuel powered boilers, reactors will always consume fuel even if it is unecessary, so you will need to create a way to cut reactor's fuel source to avoid waste a lot fuel.

Take a look at the wiki:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Electric_system#Generators

Return to “Gameplay Help”