Rail signals: "No path", but WHY?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Rail signals: "No path", but WHY?

Post by Quax »

Hi all,

I got stuck at this rail setup. From my point of view, the top right train showin the "No path" should be able to move forward, so that the train waiting at the passing site should then be able to proceed to the top-right station.
Basically I put a chain signal before and a normal signal after each junction, as you can see in the screenshot. The color of the description denotes the signal state. So whay does the train show "No path" if he has two green signals in fornt of him?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Peter

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rail signals: "No path", but WHY?

Post by Loewchen »

The state of the signals is completely irrelevant for the No path state. "No path" means that from the current position of the train no path exist to its current destination, either missing track, wrong sided track or wrong sided station.
Post the save if you can not find it.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

The part shown seems to be correct. Red/Green signals are not relevant for finding a pathanyways. As far as I can tell the problem must lay further down the track or at the target station.

Skeletpiece
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Skeletpiece »

Check the path until last station. If possible, you can attach the save

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

As pointed out the screenshot doesn't show any reason for the no-path.

What you can do to track this down is click at the locomotive to open the trains map view. Then keep ctrl pressed and move the mouse along the path you think the train should take. You will see a green line extend from the front of the train up to the mouse as long as there is a path. The point where the green line disappears is where your rail system is broken.

Note: Why do you split of from the 2 lane track to a single track just to split in two again so trains can pass and then merge again to single line? You should keep the tracks separated till the final merge to single lane.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

mrvn has the best answer ... the one that helps you fix this issue and issues in the future. If that doesnt work, a picture showing where the train is trying to get to would be useful.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

PeGreat, thanks all. Problem was that the other station that this train was scheduled to was on the wrong side of the track.

As for the passing lanes, and why I split from 2-lane to 1-lane and then back to 2-lane again .. well, reason is me beeing stupid :-) I added the passing lane later, and didn't think enough on how to set it up :-)

Thanks for your help,

cheers
Peter

Return to “Gameplay Help”