trains - search? - change order?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

trains - search? - change order?

Post by nuhll »

Hey,
is it correct that you cant search in a station list (when you click on a train) for a station?

Is it correct that you cant drag (rearrange stations) in that list?

Or do i just dont know how?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: trains - search? - change order?

Post by Mr. Tact »

Use the "rough" spot toward the right side of the bar to drag a station in a train's schedule. Don't think the train list itself can be modified. It is alphabetical.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I have passenger stations, for taht i use a train and add each train steop with condition.

Can i change these order? because it seems to be in the way i added it. And no search?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I'm not certain what you are asking. If you are asking when you click on a train, can you search for a station. Then no. When adding a station all your train stations will be listed alphabetically for you to select from. When you click on a train, if you want to change the order of the stations on the schedule, you can do that by using the "rough" part of the bar:

move a station 2.jpg
move a station 2.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

Just put your mouse inside the red box, you can then click and drag the station up and down. If you have multiple stop conditions, you can also move the stop conditions this way.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Thanks! Yeah thats one part of my question.

So ill request a search window!

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

As a workaround, you can use the fact that "!" appears before any letters or digits in the search order. If you name your passenger stations starting with "!" (eg "!Taxi Stand") then they will all appear before everything else in the station list.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

mward wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:11 am
As a workaround, you can use the fact that "!" appears before any letters or digits in the search order. If you name your passenger stations starting with "!" (eg "!Taxi Stand") then they will all appear before everything else in the station list.
Thanks. But thats not the problem, if i add a station to the train, i find them easily because all are starting with "PAX -" e.g. "PAX - Iron 1". Thats ok.

What i mean is when i wanna travel with the train, and i have 100 PAX stations added... its very crowded.. :D there it would be cool if you could search for e.g. iron and then it shows all iron outposts...

Return to “Gameplay Help”